What is Eyelid Surgery ?
Eyelid surgery which is also known as Blepharoplasty works to restore a more open, refreshed, and naturally youthful appearance to eyes. An eyelid lift is a procedure that can address sagging skin, wrinkles, reduce puffiness, and correct other signs of aging around the upper and lower eyelids. Aging and drooping eyelids can affect a person’s appearance in ways beyond just looking older—because we express so much emotions with our eyes; sagging, drooping eyelid skin can cause a tired, sad or even angry appearance, even when a person feels great.
Upper Eyelid Surgery
Sagging, wrinkled skin on the upper eyelids can cause tired, unhappy and less alert of appearance. The excess skin is removed from the upper eyelid and this surgery helps restore a naturally youthful shape to the eyelids and gives a more open, refreshed appearance to your eyes. The upper eyelid can be corrected through an incision within the natural crease on the eyelid.
Lower Eyelid Surgery
Lower eyelid surgery can be a good solution to correct eyelid bags. In some cases, excess, sagging skin can be also removed or the lower eyelid muscle can be tightened to provide more natural, effective results while removing the fat under the eyes. Incisions are generally located on the outer edge of the lower eyelid, just beneath the eyelashes or inside the eyelid. Through the incisions, our surgeons try to create a smooth, natural contour beneath the eyelid.
Things to consider for Eyelid Surgeries:
- During the first 1 to 2 weeks after eyelid surgery, patients commonly have bruising and swelling, and the eyelids may feel unusually tight. However, most patients report feeling more soreness than pain.
- You may keep your head elevated while sleeping. This can help alleviate discomfort.
- Expect your eyes to get tired more quickly than usual for the first few weeks, and it’s important to let them rest as required.
- You must protect your eyes from the sun and wind. Wear dark sun glasses.
- You will have to avoid lifting, straining, and bending down to pick things up for up to 4 weeks after eyelid surgery. This can be an inconvenient restriction.
- Be sure to follow all instructions given by your doctor after the procedure.
- Type of anaesthesia: General
- Where you should have the surgery: In a full-fledged hospital
- Duration of the surgery: from 45 minutes to 2 hours
- Hospitalization: 1 night
- Hotel stay after the surgery: 2 nights
- Total stay in Turkey: 4 nights
- Return to work: 7-14 days