What is Breast Implant ?
Breast augmentation is a plastic surgery procedure to increase breast size and enhance breast shape with the placement of silicone or saline breast implants. Breast augmentation with breast implants is one of the most effective procedure to correct noticeable breast asymmetry and breast implants can be used to help correct breast deformities.
Breast implants are available in a large variety of sizes from 120cc to 800cc. Our doctors will place the incisions in areas where they won’t be noticed, generally underneath the breast, in your underarm or around the bottom of your areola.
Breast implants are placed in one of three locations—in front of the pectoral muscle, behind the pectoral muscle and sub-fascial placement.
Surgical procedure of in front of the muscle placement is much slightly easier and perceived as less invasive. This type of placement allows for a shorter recovery time with minimal discomfort. Generally more aesthetic cleavage is created because over the muscle implants can be placed slightly closer together. These implants do not become distorted when the muscles are flexed. Disadvantages of this placement are that results give generally less natural look as ripplings are more visible, it has highest risk of capsules.
Placing breast implants under the muscle may give you more natural look. Other benefits of under-muscle breast implant placement are less rippling, beter mammogram results, lowest risk of capsules. There are some disadvanteges of this kind of placement: such as it is a more painful surgery and has a longer recovery, there might be a risk of that muscles may squeeze the implant when making hard excercises.
As the third option of implant placements subfascial breast augmentation is a technique in which the implant is placed between the fascia and the muscle. Subfascial implant placement has many benefits such as preserving breast shape and prevent implant ptosis. It has less capsular contracture rate. Subfascial placement provides a natural breast shape and it does not have the deformity with movement of the arms. It is the ideal placement for most patients accept the extremely thin patients.
Breast implants often last as long as 10 years but can vary depending on the patient, implant type, size and shape and other factors. Patients can elect to undergo second or even third breast augmentation later.
Things to consider for Breast Implant:
- You may think your breasts look too high and the skin feels tight right after the surgery. This will setle and you will have more natural-shaped breasts within 6 weeks.
- Our surgeon will explain how to look after your wounds, bandages and sutures.
- You will have a special pressure bra over your breasts which should be worn day and night for up to four weeks following your breast augmentation.
- You’ll be gradually allowed to do many of your normal activities within the first couple of weeks but don’t engage in any strenuous activity until three to four weeks after your surgery.
- Be sure to follow all instructions given by your doctor after the procedure.
- Type of anaesthesia: General
- Where you should have the surgery: In a full-fledged hospital
- Duration of the surgery: 1-1.5 hours
- Hospitalization: 1 night
- Hotel stay after the surgery: 4 nights
- Total stay in Turkey: 6 nights
- Return to work: before 2 weeks’ time