Tummy Tuck Surgery in Turkey
Abdominoplasty, also known as Tummy Tuck, removes excess fat and skin and restores weakened or separated muscles creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer.
Tummy tuck surgeries are one of the most popular procedures for men and women among all the plastic surgeries, especially those whose bodies have undergone dramatic changes from weight loss or pregnancy. But a tummy tuck is not a substitute for weight loss or an appropriate exercise program itself.
Abdominoplasty surgery cannot correct stretch marks, although these may be removed or somewhat improved if they are located on the areas of excess skin that will be excised.
Mini Tummy Tuck
This technique involves a single incision made just above the pubic mound, through which your plastic surgeon will tighten loose muscles and remove excess skin to restore a smooth, flat abdominal wall. In a mini-tummy tuck surgery the resulting scar is a thin, horizontal line that is typically just a few inches long. Benefits of a mini-tummy tuck include a shorter, less involved procedure, a quicker recovery, and a flatter, slimmer lower abdomen.
Full Tummy Tuck
A full tummy tuck, which addresses the full length of the abdominal wall, may give the best results for a candidate. Our plastic surgeons will remove excess skin and tighten the abdominal muscles with a horizontal or U-shaped incision, made above the pubic mound. In a full tummy tuck, the resulting scar looks similar to that for a mini-tummy tuck, but will be longer, running from hip bone to hip bone. Even so, a full tummy tuck scar can generally be hidden beneath a swimsuit bottom. Benefits of a full tummy tuck include a much flatter, smoother abdomen, reduced appearance of stretch marks, and enhanced comfort in pants and skirts.
Extended Tummy Tuck
Although an extended tummy tuck involves a longer incision, it removes excess, hanging skin from the front (upper and lower abdomen) and the flanks, as well as tightens the abdominal wall. In an extended tummy tuck the resulting scar often be hidden by clothing, including many swimsuits.
Things to consider for Tummy Tuck:
- You will have a scar (located in the bikini area).
- Another pregnancy may influence surgery results, so it is best to wait until you’ve finished having children before having this procedure.
- Weight gain following abdominoplasty may negatively affect your surgery results.
- You will need to wear tight pressure garments about 6 weeks. This will help to avoid fluid buildup and helps to support your abdomen.
- You will need to avoid strenuous activity for at least six weeks including vigorous exercise and heavy lifting.
- Keep moving even if it is only a walking because this will help the blood flowing and the healing process.
- It will take several weeks to fully recover. You won’t be able to drive for the first few weeks.
- Recovery time for tummy tuck surgery is long. It requires considering and planning for all aspects of healing process.
- Be sure to follow all instructions given by your doctor after the procedure.
- Type of anaesthesia: General
- Where you should have the surgery: In a full-fledged hospital
- Duration of the surgery: 1-4 hours
- Hospitalization: 2 nights
- Hotel stay after the surgery: 4 nights
- Total stay in Turkey: 7 nights
- Return to work: 10-15 days if you have a desk job.